We love delivering training and we do our best to make sure it all happens without a hitch. Sometimes, things out of of control get in the way but we’ll always do our best to overcome them and to date we have never had to cancel a training day at short notice.
We also know that life gets in the way for you too, and we want to do whatever we can to facilitate you attending our training even if sometimes that means you can’t come on the course you booked on so you come on a different one instead. We’re also generous about refunding places as long as you give us enough notice. We value our clients and customers and we want to be generous – we just ask that you try not to cause us expense, which can happen for example when you don’t turn up on a course without letting us know in advance, which can mean that we’ve already prepared your pack and we end up having to pay the venue for your place: we’re a charity, and every penny counts.
The spiel below is the legal stuff, for the very few times that a dispute occurs.
For individuals booking on a training day, full payment is required before the event takes place. For places paid for by organisations who have been invoiced, payment must be made within 30 days or before the event takes place whichever is soonest. PODS reserves the right to levy a 5% interest charge on late invoices beyond 30 days. If the invoice is not paid before the training day itself, the delegate will be held liable for full payment.
PODS commits to running each event as advertised except in exceptional circumstances whereby at least 28 days’ notice will be given along with a full refund of fees. PODS shall not be liable for any transport or accommodation costs incurred by the delegate.
PODS shall not be liable for any cancellation or early termination of a training day when such cancellation or termination is due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, industrial action, embargoes, government orders, prolonged loss of power, road closure, venue’s refusal to hire, or any other force majeure event. In such circumstances we will offer a full transfer to a future event but no refunds will be made.
DELEGATES WISHING TO CANCEL
In the event of the delegate wishing to cancel their place, the following provisions apply:
- Your place may be transferred to another person free of charge, as long as you let us know as soon as possible and at least 72 hours before the event, and as long as you provide us with contact details for the substitute person so that we can send them booking and venue details.
- You may transfer to another event free of charge, as long as you let us know as soon as possible and at least 72 hours before the event.
- You may use your transfer to attend any training day within 12 months of the original day. If you transfer to a day in the next calendar year which has an increased price, you may need to pay the difference. We reserve the right to decline your request to transfer to a training day that is already or nearly sold out.
- If you later cancel a transferred place you are not eligible for a refund. You can instead opt to transfer for a second time. You cannot transfer a place more than twice.
- If you received a discounted place on a training day, it will be necessary to top-up to the full training day price in order to transfer your booking.
If you do not wish to transfer your place to another person or another course, the following provisions will apply for refunds:
- If you cancel your place within 7 days of booking, you will receive a 100% refund.
- If you cancel your place more than 4 weeks before the training day, you will receive a 75% refund.
- If you cancel your place from 2-
4 weeks before the training day, you will receive a 50% refund.
- If you cancel your place from 72 hours to 14 days before the training day, you will receive a 25% refund.
- If you cancel your place within 72 hours of the training day, you will receive no refund.
Please note, online course bundle purchases cannot be refunded. Cancellation of your booking will result in the online training reverting to the current website price. This amount will be deducted from any refund.
Method of refund
When payment has been made by debit/credit card, the relevant amount will be refunded to your card. When PayPal has been used, the refund will be made via PayPal as long as it is within PayPal’s own cancellation policy of 60 days. If it is beyond that, the refund will be given via BACS to a UK based bank account and the delegate is responsible for providing us with the correct information to facilitate this. When payment has been made by cheque or BACS, refunds will be made by BACS. Refunds can no longer be supplied by cheque.